1. What is the nature of African traditional music?
2. What is known to be the lively and uninhabited variation of the jitterbug?
3. Where did Maracatu first surface?
C. Pernambuco D. Yoruba
4. Who is considered as the “Godfather of Soul
A. Etta James B. James Brown
C. Little Richard D. Sam Cooke
5. Who popularized the song “Mannish Boy” which is in the call and response method?
A. Chuck Berry
B. Jackie Wilson
C. Jeff Baxter D. Muddy Waters
6. What term is used to describe the fusion of West African and Black American music?
D. Kwassa Kwassa
7. Which of the various musical genres is NOT comprised in the dance Salsa?
A. Chachacha B. Guaracha
8. What is the meaning of the Creole slang word “Zoak?
9. What is the purpose of performing the Muslim music “Were?
A. Celebratory music B. Fasting music
C. Party Music D. Wake-up call
10. Ben was tasked to present an African-inspired song for their United Nations
celebration. He planned to perform “A Mans World popularized by James Brown
What vocal form of African music was exemplified in the situation?
A. Call and Response B. Maracatu